Chatham County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Chatham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chatham County, Georgia. You can contact the Chatham County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Chatham County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Chatham County Assessor's Office is located in Savannah, Georgia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Chatham County Assessor Contact Information
Chatham County Assessor Address
Chatham County Board of Assessors
133 Montgomery Street, Suite 503
Savannah, GA 31401
Chatham County Assessor Phone Number
Chatham County Assessor's Website
Additional Chatham County Information
Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Search Find Chatham County property tax records
Property Sale Search Find Chatham County property tax records
Property Tax Search - Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Chatham County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Chatham County property tax records
Chatham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chatham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chatham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chatham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chatham County.
- The Chatham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chatham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chatham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chatham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chatham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-652-7271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chatham County assessor's office at 912-652-7301. Please call the assessor's office in Savannah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352
Find the tax assessor for a different Georgia county
Find property records for Chatham County
The median property tax in Chatham County, Georgia is $1,382.00