Catoosa County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Catoosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Catoosa County, Georgia. You can contact the Catoosa County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Catoosa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
800 Lafayette StThe Catoosa County Assessor's Office is located in Ringgold, Georgia. Ringgold is the county seat of Catoosa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Catoosa County Courthouse, at 800 Lafayette Street.
Catoosa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Catoosa County Information
Catoosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Catoosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Catoosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Catoosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Catoosa County.
- The Catoosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Catoosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Catoosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Catoosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Catoosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-965-3772. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ringgold before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Catoosa County Courthouse at 706-965-2500.