Candler County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Candler County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Candler County, Georgia. You can contact the Candler County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Candler County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
705 N Lewis StThe Candler County Assessor's Office is located in Metter, Georgia. Metter is the county seat of Candler County, where most local government offices are located.
Candler County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Candler County Information
Candler County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Candler County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Candler County Tax Appraiser.
- The Candler County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Candler County.
- The Candler County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Candler County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Candler County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Candler County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Candler County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-685-6346. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Candler County assessor's office at 912-685-3818. Please call the assessor's office in Metter before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Candler County Courthouse at 912-685-2835.