Calhoun County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Calhoun County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calhoun County, Georgia. You can contact the Calhoun County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Calhoun County property tax due date
111 School Street, PO Box 226The Calhoun County Assessor's Office is located in Morgan, Georgia. Morgan is the county seat of Calhoun County, where most local government offices are located.
Calhoun County Assessor Contact Information
Calhoun County Assessor Address
Calhoun County Tax Assessor
31 Courthouse Square
Morgan, GA 39866
Calhoun County Assessor Phone Number
Calhoun County Assessor's Website
Additional Calhoun County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Calhoun County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calhoun County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calhoun County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calhoun County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calhoun County.
- The Calhoun County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calhoun County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calhoun County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calhoun County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calhoun County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-849-4685. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Calhoun County assessor's office at 229-849-0099. Please call the assessor's office in Morgan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calhoun County Courthouse at 229-849-4835.
Find the tax assessor for a different Georgia county
Find property records for Calhoun County
The median property tax in Calhoun County, Georgia is $539.00