Butts County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Butts County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Butts County, Georgia. You can contact the Butts County Assessor for:
- Checking the Butts County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
625 Third StreetThe Butts County Assessor's Office is located in Jackson, Georgia. Jackson is the county seat of Butts County, where most local government offices are located.
Butts County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Butts County Information
Butts County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Butts County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Butts County Tax Appraiser.
- The Butts County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Butts County.
- The Butts County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Butts County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Butts County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Butts County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Butts County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-775-8207. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Butts County assessor's office at 770-775-8249. Please call the assessor's office in Jackson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Butts County Courthouse at 770-775-8200.