Bulloch County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Bulloch County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bulloch County, Georgia. You can contact the Bulloch County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bulloch County property tax due date
PO Box 347, 115 N Main StreetThe Bulloch County Assessor's Office is located in Statesboro, Georgia. Statesboro is the county seat of Bulloch County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bulloch County Courthouse, at 115 North Main Street.
Bulloch County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bulloch County Information
Bulloch County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bulloch County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bulloch County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bulloch County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bulloch County.
- The Bulloch County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bulloch County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bulloch County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bulloch County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bulloch County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-764-2181. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bulloch County assessor's office at 912-764-3142. Please call the assessor's office in Statesboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bulloch County Courthouse at 912-764-6245.