Brooks County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Brooks County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brooks County, Georgia. You can contact the Brooks County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Brooks County property tax due date
PO BOX 272The Brooks County Assessor's Office is located in Quitman, Georgia. Quitman is the county seat of Brooks County, where most local government offices are located.
Brooks County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brooks County Information
Brooks County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brooks County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brooks County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brooks County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brooks County.
- The Brooks County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brooks County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brooks County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brooks County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brooks County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-263-7920. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Brooks County assessor's office at 229-263-5125. Please call the assessor's office in Quitman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brooks County Courthouse at 229-263-5561.