Bleckley County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Bleckley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bleckley County, Georgia. You can contact the Bleckley County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bleckley County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
112 N. 2nd StreetThe Bleckley County Assessor's Office is located in Cochran, Georgia. Cochran is the county seat of Bleckley County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bleckley County Courthouse, at 306 S.E. Second Street.
Bleckley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bleckley County Information
Bleckley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bleckley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bleckley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bleckley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bleckley County.
- The Bleckley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bleckley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bleckley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bleckley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bleckley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-934-3209. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bleckley County assessor's office at 478-934-3222. Please call the assessor's office in Cochran before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bleckley County Courthouse at 478-934-3200.