Ben Hill County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Ben Hill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ben Hill County, Georgia. You can contact the Ben Hill County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ben Hill County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
402 E Pine StreetThe Ben Hill County Assessor's Office is located in Fitzgerald, Georgia. Fitzgerald is the county seat of Ben Hill County, where most local government offices are located.
Ben Hill County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ben Hill County Information
Ben Hill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ben Hill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ben Hill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ben Hill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ben Hill County.
- The Ben Hill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ben Hill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ben Hill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ben Hill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ben Hill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-426-5147. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ben Hill County assessor's office at 229-426-5103. Please call the assessor's office in Fitzgerald before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ben Hill County government at 229-426-5100.