Barrow County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Barrow County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barrow County, Georgia. You can contact the Barrow County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Barrow County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
233 E Broad StThe Barrow County Assessor's Office is located in Winder, Georgia. Winder is the county seat of Barrow County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Barrow County Courthouse, at 233 East Broad Street.
Barrow County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barrow County Information
Barrow County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barrow County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barrow County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barrow County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barrow County.
- The Barrow County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barrow County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barrow County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barrow County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barrow County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-307-3108. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Barrow County assessor's office at 770-307-3405. Please call the assessor's office in Winder before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Barrow County Courthouse at 770-307-3005.