Bacon County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Bacon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bacon County, Georgia. You can contact the Bacon County Assessor for:
- Checking the Bacon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
P.O. Box 356The Bacon County Assessor's Office is located in Alma, Georgia. Alma is the county seat of Bacon County, where most local government offices are located.
Bacon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bacon County Information
Bacon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bacon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bacon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bacon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bacon County.
- The Bacon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bacon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bacon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bacon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bacon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-632-5215. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bacon County assessor's office at 912-632-7251. Please call the assessor's office in Alma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bacon County Courthouse at 912-632-5214.