Appling County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Appling County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Appling County, Georgia. You can contact the Appling County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Appling County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
69 Tippins StreetThe Appling County Assessor's Office is located in Baxley, Georgia. Baxley is the county seat of Appling County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Appling County government, at 69 Tippins Street, Suite 101.
Appling County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Appling County Information
Appling County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Appling County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Appling County Tax Appraiser.
- The Appling County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Appling County.
- The Appling County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Appling County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Appling County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Appling County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Appling County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 912-367-8109. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Appling County assessor's office at 912-367-8161. Please call the assessor's office in Baxley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Appling County government at 912-367-8100.