Walton County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Walton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Walton County, Florida. You can contact the Walton County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Walton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 1355The Walton County Assessor's Office is located in DeFuniak Springs, Florida.
Walton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Walton County Information
Walton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Walton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Walton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Walton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Walton County.
- The Walton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Walton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Walton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Walton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Walton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-892-8123. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in DeFuniak Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Walton County government at 850-892-8155.