Wakulla County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Wakulla County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wakulla County, Florida. You can contact the Wakulla County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Wakulla County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1263The Wakulla County Assessor's Office is located in Crawfordville, Florida. Crawfordville is the county seat of Wakulla County, where most local government offices are located.
Wakulla County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wakulla County Information
Wakulla County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wakulla County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wakulla County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wakulla County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wakulla County.
- The Wakulla County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wakulla County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wakulla County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wakulla County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wakulla County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-926-0500. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wakulla County assessor's office at 850-926-6367. Please call the assessor's office in Crawfordville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wakulla County Courthouse at 850-926-0919.