Suwannee County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Suwannee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Suwannee County, Florida. You can contact the Suwannee County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Suwannee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
224 Pine Ave SWThe Suwannee County Assessor's Office is located in Live Oak, Florida. Live Oak is the county seat of Suwannee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Suwannee County Courthouse, at 215 Pine Avenue SW, Suite B.
Suwannee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Suwannee County Information
Suwannee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Suwannee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Suwannee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Suwannee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Suwannee County.
- The Suwannee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Suwannee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Suwannee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Suwannee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Suwannee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 386-362-1385. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Suwannee County assessor's office at 386-364-3531. Please call the assessor's office in Live Oak before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Suwannee County Courthouse at 386-364-3450.