St. Lucie County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The St. Lucie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Lucie County, Florida. You can contact the St. Lucie County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the St. Lucie County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
2300 Virginia AveThe St. Lucie County Assessor's Office is located in Ft. Pierce, Florida. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the St. Lucie County Courthouse, at 2300 Virginia Avenue.
St. Lucie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Lucie County Information
St. Lucie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Lucie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Lucie County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Lucie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Lucie County.
- The St. Lucie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Lucie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Lucie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Lucie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Lucie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 772-462-1000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ft. Pierce before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Lucie County Courthouse at 772-462-1400.