St. Johns County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The St. Johns County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Johns County, Florida. You can contact the St. Johns County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the St. Johns County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
4020 Lewis SppedwayThe St. Johns County Assessor's Office is located in St. Augustine, Florida. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the St. Johns County government, at 4030 Lewis Speedway, Suite 203.
St. Johns County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Johns County Information
St. Johns County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Johns County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Johns County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Johns County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Johns County.
- The St. Johns County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Johns County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Johns County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Johns County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Johns County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 904-827-5580. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Johns County assessor's office at 904-827-5580. Please call the assessor's office in St. Augustine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Johns County government at 904-209-0300.