Sarasota County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Sarasota County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sarasota County, Florida. You can contact the Sarasota County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Sarasota County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
2200 Ringling Blvd.The Sarasota County Assessor's Office is located in the Terrace Building in Sarasota, Florida. Sarasota is the county seat of Sarasota County, where most local government offices are located.
Sarasota County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sarasota County Information
Sarasota County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sarasota County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sarasota County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sarasota County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sarasota County.
- The Sarasota County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sarasota County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sarasota County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sarasota County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sarasota County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 941-861-8200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sarasota County assessor's office at 941-861-8260. Please call the assessor's office in Sarasota before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Suite 2001 at 941-951-5344.