Pinellas County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Pinellas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pinellas County, Florida. You can contact the Pinellas County Assessor for:
- Checking the Pinellas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
315 Court StThe Pinellas County Assessor's Office is located in Clearwater, Florida. Clearwater is the county seat of Pinellas County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pinellas County Courthouse, at 315 Court Street.
Pinellas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pinellas County Information
Pinellas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pinellas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pinellas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pinellas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pinellas County.
- The Pinellas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pinellas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pinellas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pinellas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pinellas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 727-464-3207. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Clearwater before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pinellas County Courthouse at 727-464-3377.