Palm Beach County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Palm Beach County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Palm Beach County, Florida. You can contact the Palm Beach County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Palm Beach County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
301 N Olive AveThe Palm Beach County Assessor's Office is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. West Palm Beach is the county seat of Palm Beach County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Palm Beach County Courthouse, at 301 North Olive Avenue.
Palm Beach County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Palm Beach County Information
Palm Beach County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Palm Beach County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Palm Beach County Tax Appraiser.
- The Palm Beach County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Palm Beach County.
- The Palm Beach County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Palm Beach County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Palm Beach County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Palm Beach County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Palm Beach County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 561-355-2866. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in West Palm Beach before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Palm Beach County Courthouse at 561-355-2001.