Okeechobee County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Okeechobee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Okeechobee County, Florida. You can contact the Okeechobee County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Okeechobee County property tax due date
304 NW 2nd StreetThe Okeechobee County Assessor's Office is located in Okeechobee, Florida. Okeechobee is the county seat of Okeechobee County, where most local government offices are located.
Okeechobee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Okeechobee County Information
Okeechobee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Okeechobee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Okeechobee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Okeechobee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Okeechobee County.
- The Okeechobee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Okeechobee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Okeechobee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Okeechobee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Okeechobee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 863-763-4422. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Okeechobee County assessor's office at 863-763-4745. Please call the assessor's office in Okeechobee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Okeechobee County Courthouse at 863-763-6441.