Okaloosa County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Okaloosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Okaloosa County, Florida. You can contact the Okaloosa County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Okaloosa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
101 E James Lee Blvd The Okaloosa County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Okaloosa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Okaloosa County Information
Okaloosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Okaloosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Okaloosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Okaloosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Okaloosa County.
- The Okaloosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Okaloosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Okaloosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Okaloosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Okaloosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-651-7240. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Okaloosa County assessor's office at 850-651-7244. Please call the assessor's office in Fort Walton Beach before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Okaloosa County Courthouse at 850-689-5030.