Nassau County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Nassau County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nassau County, Florida. You can contact the Nassau County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Nassau County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
96161 Nassau PlThe Nassau County Assessor's Office is located in Fernandina Beach, Florida. Fernandina Beach is the county seat of Nassau County, where most local government offices are located.
Nassau County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nassau County Information
Nassau County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nassau County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nassau County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nassau County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nassau County.
- The Nassau County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nassau County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nassau County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nassau County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nassau County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 904-491-7300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nassau County assessor's office at 904-491-3629. Please call the assessor's office in Fernandina Beach before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nassau County government at 904-548-4600.