Hillsborough County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Hillsborough County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hillsborough County, Florida. You can contact the Hillsborough County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hillsborough County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 1110The Hillsborough County Assessor's Office is located in Tampa, Florida. Tampa is the county seat of Hillsborough County, where most local government offices are located.
Hillsborough County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hillsborough County Information
Hillsborough County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hillsborough County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hillsborough County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hillsborough County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hillsborough County.
- The Hillsborough County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hillsborough County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hillsborough County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hillsborough County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hillsborough County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 813-272-6100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hillsborough County assessor's office at 813-272-5519. Please call the assessor's office in Tampa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hillsborough County Center at 813-272-5750.