Highlands County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Highlands County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Highlands County, Florida. You can contact the Highlands County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Highlands County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
600 S Commerce AveThe Highlands County Assessor's Office is located in Sebring, Florida. Sebring is the county seat of Highlands County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Highlands County Courthouse, at 560 South Commerce Avenue.
Highlands County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Highlands County Information
Highlands County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Highlands County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Highlands County Tax Appraiser.
- The Highlands County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Highlands County.
- The Highlands County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Highlands County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Highlands County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Highlands County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Highlands County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 863-402-6673. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sebring before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Highlands County Courthouse at 863-402-6500.