Gulf County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Gulf County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gulf County, Florida. You can contact the Gulf County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Gulf County property tax due date
1000 Cecil G Costin Sr BlvdThe Gulf County Assessor's Office is located in Port St. Joe, Florida. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gulf County Courthouse, at 1000 Cecil G. Costin, Sr. Blvd., Room 110.
Gulf County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gulf County Information
Gulf County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gulf County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gulf County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gulf County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gulf County.
- The Gulf County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gulf County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gulf County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gulf County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gulf County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-229-6115. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gulf County assessor's office at 850-229-6661. Please call the assessor's office in Port St. Joe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gulf County Courthouse at 850-229-6106.