Glades County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Glades County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Glades County, Florida. You can contact the Glades County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Glades County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 1018The Glades County Assessor's Office is located in Moore Haven, Florida. Moore Haven is the county seat of Glades County, where most local government offices are located.
Glades County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Glades County Information
Glades County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Glades County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Glades County Tax Appraiser.
- The Glades County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Glades County.
- The Glades County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Glades County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Glades County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Glades County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Glades County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 863-946-6025. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Glades County assessor's office at 863-946-3359. Please call the assessor's office in Moore Haven before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Glades County government at 863-946-6000.