Gilchrist County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Gilchrist County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gilchrist County, Florida. You can contact the Gilchrist County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gilchrist County property tax due date
112 S Main StreetThe Gilchrist County Assessor's Office is located in Trenton, Florida. Trenton is the county seat of Gilchrist County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gilchrist County Courthouse, at 112 South Main Street, Room 138.
Gilchrist County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gilchrist County Information
Gilchrist County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gilchrist County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gilchrist County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gilchrist County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gilchrist County.
- The Gilchrist County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gilchrist County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gilchrist County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gilchrist County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gilchrist County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 352-463-3190. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gilchrist County assessor's office at 352-463-3193. Please call the assessor's office in Trenton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gilchrist County Courthouse at 352-463-3170.