Gadsden County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Gadsden County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gadsden County, Florida. You can contact the Gadsden County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Gadsden County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
9 E Jefferson StreetThe Gadsden County Assessor's Office is located in Quincy, Florida. Quincy is the county seat of Gadsden County, where most local government offices are located.
Gadsden County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gadsden County Information
Gadsden County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gadsden County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gadsden County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gadsden County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gadsden County.
- The Gadsden County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gadsden County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gadsden County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gadsden County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gadsden County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-627-7168. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gadsden County assessor's office at 850-627-0396. Please call the assessor's office in Quincy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gadsden County Courthouse at 850-875-8650.