Franklin County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Franklin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Franklin County, Florida. You can contact the Franklin County Assessor for:
- Checking the Franklin County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
33 Market StThe Franklin County Assessor's Office is located in Apalachicola, Florida. Apalachicola is the county seat of Franklin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Franklin County Courthouse, at 33 Market Street, Suite 101.
Franklin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Franklin County Information
Franklin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Franklin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Franklin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Franklin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Franklin County.
- The Franklin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Franklin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Franklin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Franklin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Franklin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-653-9236. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Apalachicola before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Franklin County Courthouse at 850-653-8861-100.