Dixie County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Dixie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dixie County, Florida. You can contact the Dixie County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Dixie County property tax due date
214 SW 351 HwyThe Dixie County Assessor's Office is located in Cross City, Florida. Cross City is the county seat of Dixie County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dixie County Courthouse, at 214 NE 351 Hwy., Suite G.
Dixie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dixie County Information
Dixie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dixie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dixie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dixie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dixie County.
- The Dixie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dixie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dixie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dixie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dixie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 352-498-1212. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dixie County assessor's office at 352-498-1211. Please call the assessor's office in Cross City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dixie County Courthouse at 352-498-1206.