Citrus County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Citrus County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Citrus County, Florida. You can contact the Citrus County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Citrus County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
110 N Apopka AveThe Citrus County Assessor's Office is located in Inverness, Florida. Inverness is the county seat of Citrus County, where most local government offices are located.
Citrus County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Citrus County Information
Citrus County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Citrus County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Citrus County Tax Appraiser.
- The Citrus County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Citrus County.
- The Citrus County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Citrus County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Citrus County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Citrus County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Citrus County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 352-341-6600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Citrus County assessor's office at 352-341-6660. Please call the assessor's office in Inverness before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Citrus County Courthouse at 352-341-6400.