Calhoun County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Calhoun County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calhoun County, Florida. You can contact the Calhoun County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Calhoun County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
20859 Central Ave EThe Calhoun County Assessor's Office is located in Blountstown, Florida. Blountstown is the county seat of Calhoun County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Calhoun County Courthouse, at 20859 Central Avenue, Room 112.
Calhoun County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Calhoun County Information
Calhoun County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calhoun County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calhoun County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calhoun County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calhoun County.
- The Calhoun County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calhoun County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calhoun County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calhoun County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calhoun County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-674-5636. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Calhoun County assessor's office at 850-674-2419. Please call the assessor's office in Blountstown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calhoun County Courthouse at 904-674-4545.