Broward County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Broward County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Broward County, Florida. You can contact the Broward County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Broward County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
115 South Andrews AvenueThe Broward County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Fort Lauderdale is the county seat of Broward County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Annex B, Broward County Government Center, at 115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 111.
Broward County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Broward County Information
Broward County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Broward County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Broward County Tax Appraiser.
- The Broward County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Broward County.
- The Broward County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Broward County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Broward County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Broward County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Broward County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 954-357-6830. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fort Lauderdale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Annex B, Broward County Government Center at 954-357-7585.