Brevard County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Brevard County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brevard County, Florida. You can contact the Brevard County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Brevard County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson WayThe Brevard County Assessor's Office is located in the Brevard County Government Complex - North in Titusville, Florida. Titusville is the county seat of Brevard County, where most local government offices are located.
Brevard County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brevard County Information
Brevard County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brevard County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brevard County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brevard County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brevard County.
- The Brevard County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brevard County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brevard County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brevard County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brevard County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 321-264-6700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Titusville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brevard County Courthouse at 321-633-2000.