Baker County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Baker County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Baker County, Florida. You can contact the Baker County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Baker County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
55 N 3Rd StThe Baker County Assessor's Office is located in Macclenny, Florida. Macclenny is the county seat of Baker County, where most local government offices are located.
Baker County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Baker County Information
Baker County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Baker County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Baker County Tax Appraiser.
- The Baker County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Baker County.
- The Baker County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Baker County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Baker County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Baker County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Baker County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 904-259-3191. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Baker County assessor's office at 904-259-8221. Please call the assessor's office in Macclenny before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Baker County Courthouse at 904-259-3613.