Alachua County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Alachua County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alachua County, Florida. You can contact the Alachua County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Alachua County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 5547The Alachua County Assessor's Office is located in Gainesville, Florida. Gainesville is the county seat of Alachua County, where most local government offices are located.
Alachua County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alachua County Information
Alachua County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alachua County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alachua County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alachua County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alachua County.
- The Alachua County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alachua County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alachua County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alachua County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alachua County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 352-374-5230. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Alachua County assessor's office at 352-374-5278. Please call the assessor's office in Gainesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alachua County government at 352-374-5210.