Town of Ellington, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The Town of Ellington Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Ellington, Connecticut. You can contact the Town of Ellington Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Ellington property tax due date
The Town of Ellington Assessor's Office is located in Ellington, Tolland County, Connecticut.
Town of Ellington Assessor Contact Information
Town of Ellington Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Ellington Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Ellington Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Ellington Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Ellington.
- The Town of Ellington Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Ellington Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Ellington, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Ellington about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Ellington Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 860-870-3109. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Ellington assessor's office at 860-870-3197. Please call the assessor's office in Ellington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.