City of Torrington, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The City of Torrington Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Torrington, Connecticut. You can contact the City of Torrington Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Torrington property tax due date
The City of Torrington Assessor's Office is located in the Torrington City Hall in Torrington, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
City of Torrington Assessor Contact Information
City of Torrington Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Torrington Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Torrington Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Torrington Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Torrington.
- The City of Torrington Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Torrington Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Torrington, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Torrington about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Torrington Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 860-489-2222. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Torrington assessor's office at 860-496-5907. Please call the assessor's office in Torrington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.