City of Norwalk, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The City of Norwalk Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Norwalk, Connecticut. You can contact the City of Norwalk Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Norwalk property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1061 Main StreetThe City of Norwalk Assessor's Office is located in the Norwalk City Hall, Room 106 in Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
City of Norwalk Assessor Contact Information
City of Norwalk Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Norwalk Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Norwalk Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Norwalk Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Norwalk.
- The City of Norwalk Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Norwalk Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Norwalk, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Norwalk about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Norwalk Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 856-5125. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Norwalk assessor's office at 203-854-7986. Please call the assessor's office in Norwalk before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Norwalk government at 203-579-6527.