City of Milford, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The City of Milford Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Milford, Connecticut. You can contact the City of Milford Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Milford property tax due date
The City of Milford Assessor's Office is located in Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut.
City of Milford Assessor Contact Information
City of Milford Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Milford Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Milford Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Milford Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Milford.
- The City of Milford Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Milford Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Milford, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Milford about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Milford Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 203-783-3215. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Milford assessor's office at 203-878-2609. Please call the assessor's office in Milford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.