City of Danbury, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The City of Danbury Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Danbury, Connecticut. You can contact the City of Danbury Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the City of Danbury property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1061 Main StreetThe City of Danbury Assessor's Office is located in Danbury, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
City of Danbury Assessor Contact Information
City of Danbury Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Danbury Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Danbury Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Danbury Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Danbury.
- The City of Danbury Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Danbury Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Danbury, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Danbury about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Danbury Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 203-797-4556. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Danbury before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Danbury government at 203-579-6527.