Yuma County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Yuma County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yuma County, Colorado. You can contact the Yuma County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Yuma County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
310 Ash StThe Yuma County Assessor's Office is located in Wray, Colorado. Wray is the county seat of Yuma County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Yuma County Courthouse, at 310 Ash Street, Suite D.
Yuma County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yuma County Information
Yuma County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yuma County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yuma County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yuma County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yuma County.
- The Yuma County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yuma County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yuma County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yuma County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yuma County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-332-5032. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Yuma County assessor's office at 970-332-3373. Please call the assessor's office in Wray before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yuma County Courthouse at 970-332-5796.