Summit County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Summit County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Summit County, Colorado. You can contact the Summit County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Summit County property tax due date
PO Box 68The Summit County Assessor's Office is located in Breckenridge, Colorado. Breckenridge is the county seat of Summit County, where most local government offices are located.
Summit County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Summit County Information
Summit County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Summit County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Summit County Tax Appraiser.
- The Summit County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Summit County.
- The Summit County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Summit County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Summit County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Summit County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Summit County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-453-3480. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Summit County assessor's office at 970-453-3481. Please call the assessor's office in Breckenridge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Summit County Courthouse at 970-453-2561.