Sedgwick County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Sedgwick County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sedgwick County, Colorado. You can contact the Sedgwick County Assessor for:
- Checking the Sedgwick County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 50The Sedgwick County Assessor's Office is located in Julesburg, Colorado. Julesburg is the county seat of Sedgwick County, where most local government offices are located.
Sedgwick County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sedgwick County Information
Sedgwick County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sedgwick County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sedgwick County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sedgwick County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sedgwick County.
- The Sedgwick County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sedgwick County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sedgwick County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sedgwick County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sedgwick County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-474-2531. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sedgwick County assessor's office at 970-474-3507. Please call the assessor's office in Julesburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sedgwick County Courthouse at 970-474-2485.