San Miguel County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The San Miguel County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Miguel County, Colorado. You can contact the San Miguel County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the San Miguel County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 1170The San Miguel County Assessor's Office is located in Telluride, Colorado. Telluride is the county seat of San Miguel County, where most local government offices are located.
San Miguel County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Miguel County Information
San Miguel County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Miguel County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Miguel County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Miguel County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Miguel County.
- The San Miguel County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Miguel County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Miguel County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Miguel County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Miguel County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-728-3174. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the San Miguel County assessor's office at 970-369-1007. Please call the assessor's office in Telluride before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Miguel County Courthouse at 970-728-3844.