Rio Blanco County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Rio Blanco County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rio Blanco County, Colorado. You can contact the Rio Blanco County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Rio Blanco County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX IThe Rio Blanco County Assessor's Office is located in Meeker, Colorado. Meeker is the county seat of Rio Blanco County, where most local government offices are located.
Rio Blanco County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rio Blanco County Information
Rio Blanco County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rio Blanco County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rio Blanco County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rio Blanco County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rio Blanco County.
- The Rio Blanco County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rio Blanco County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rio Blanco County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rio Blanco County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rio Blanco County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-878-9410. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rio Blanco County assessor's office at 970-878-5701. Please call the assessor's office in Meeker before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rio Blanco County government at 970-878-5001.