Pueblo County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Pueblo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pueblo County, Colorado. You can contact the Pueblo County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pueblo County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
215 W 10Th StThe Pueblo County Assessor's Office is located in Pueblo, Colorado. Pueblo is the county seat of Pueblo County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pueblo County Courthouse, at 215 West 10th Street.
Pueblo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pueblo County Information
Pueblo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pueblo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pueblo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pueblo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pueblo County.
- The Pueblo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pueblo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pueblo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pueblo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pueblo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-583-6597. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pueblo County assessor's office at 719-583-6600. Please call the assessor's office in Pueblo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pueblo County Courthouse at 719-583-6000.