Prowers County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Prowers County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Prowers County, Colorado. You can contact the Prowers County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Prowers County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
301 S Main St Ste 215The Prowers County Assessor's Office is located in Lamar, Colorado. Lamar is the county seat of Prowers County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Prowers County Courthouse, at 301 South Main Street, Suite 205.
Prowers County Assessor Contact Information
Prowers County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Prowers County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Prowers County Tax Appraiser.
- The Prowers County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Prowers County.
- The Prowers County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Prowers County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Prowers County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Prowers County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Prowers County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-336-8000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Prowers County assessor's office at 719-336-7232. Please call the assessor's office in Lamar before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Prowers County Courthouse at 719-336-8025.