Pitkin County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Pitkin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pitkin County, Colorado. You can contact the Pitkin County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Pitkin County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Pitkin County Assessor's Office is located in the Pitkin County Courthouse in Aspen, Colorado.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Pitkin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pitkin County Information
Pitkin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pitkin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pitkin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pitkin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pitkin County.
- The Pitkin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pitkin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pitkin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pitkin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pitkin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-920-5160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pitkin County assessor's office at 970-920-5174. Please call the assessor's office in Aspen before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352